Quality assurance testing is a cornerstone of Canada’s regulated cannabis industry, and this role is critical for the provision of those services to Anandia’s clients. The Analytical Chemistry Technician will be involved in the performance of routine tests involving LC and GC analytical methods to characterize raw and processed cannabis-based materials as well as the development, optimization and validation of existing and new methods.
- Perform analysis of cannabis samples;
- Process and analyze data;
- Maintain the quality and availability of routine reagents and standards;
- Present and discuss data and results in team meetings;
- Assist with, the development and implementation of analytical and bio-analytical methods using LC-MS/MS and GC-MS for the analysis of cannabis metabolites and contaminants;
- Document test procedures and summarize results in reports to Anandia scientists and clients;
- As required, coordinate required maintenance, calibration, and qualification of instruments; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of BSc in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or other relevant scientific discipline and a minimum of 3 years of experience;
- Expertise utilizing HPLC-UV, LC-MS and LC-MS/MS, and GC-MS techniques is an asset;
- Knowledge and experience with Waters’ MassLynx, Agilent’s MassHunter and Shimadzu’s Lab solution chromatography software is an asset;
- Experience with LIMS for sample tracking is an asset;
- Hands-on experience in analytical method development and validation for small molecules is an asset, particularly in the context of phytochemistry, natural products chemistry, or environmental toxicology;
- Ability to manage and execute multiple projects concurrently is required;
- You must be a self-motivated, creative individual able to work in a team environment;
- Knowledge of regulations and/or experience working in a regulated environment such as ISO/IEC 17025 and GLP is an asset;
- Strong written and oral communications skills;
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel
Anandia is a wholly owned subsidiary of Aurora Cannabis Inc. Aurora is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.