We’re looking to add a new Executive Assistant to our high-performing science team. The successful candidate is an action-oriented individual who will provide secretarial and administrative support in a professional and timely manner. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are able to identify opportunities to improve efficiency, this role could be for you. Reporting to the Director, Laboratory Operations, the Executive Assistant is responsible for a variety of day-to-day activities.
It’s a great opportunity for a motivated administrative professional with 5+ years’ experience looking to move their career forward in an exciting and ground-breaking industry. Join us as we move into a new, state-of-the art lab in the Great Northern Way tech hub (minutes from the VCC-Clark Skytrain station) and expand nationally and internationally.
On any given day, you’ll be doing one or all of these things
- Prioritize heavy workload of multiple tasks with superior planning and organization skills;
- Prepare science and operations-based PowerPoint presentations, reports and documents as requested;
- Manage Director’s calendar, travel and expense claims;
- Prepare and distribute departmental internal communications on behalf of Director;
- Present the company in a professional manner;
- Organize company and departmental events;
- Coordinate Human Resources activities, as requested;
- Maintain electronic and back up filing systems as well as records management and related procedures;
- Prepare meeting agendas and take meeting minutes; and
- Take on other tasks that may be assigned from time to time.
Desired skills and experience
- 5+ years’ experience in an Executive Assistant role;
- Certificate or college diploma in administration or another related field is an asset;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Thrive in an environment of change and evolution; our team is growing rapidly and ability to adapt to that change is important;
- Comfortable with taking direction;
- Discretion with confidential information is a must
- Proficiency with general computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office 365); advanced use of Word and PowerPoint;
- Familiar with using office equipment such as photocopier, scanner, etc;
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a deadline-driven and fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and ability to exercise independent judgment;
- Excellent communication skills, both in oral and written; and
- Must possess good judgment and decision-making skills.
Who is Anandia?
Anandia was established to provide the science, technical innovations and services that underpin the global cannabis industry. Voted the Top Testing Lab at the 2017 Canadian Cannabis Awards, Anandia provides the full suite of testing services required by Health Canada for licensed production of cannabis, and also develops and offers a number of other tools that may be used by our clients for breeding and product development. Anandia is focused exclusively on cannabis, with the aim of bringing the best of modern science to the cannabis industry for the benefit of cultivators and consumers. A stronger scientific foundation enables us to maximize the full potential of the cannabis plant, developing new value-add products, while ensuring safety, quality and improved cultivation efficiencies.
Anandia’s strong emphasis on high-quality science is represented by our skilled and experienced team who are also passionate about cannabis and the potential the plant presents for humankind.
We value a culture of teamwork and collaboration within our own organization and with our clients.Apply now