Who we are
Already the industry leader, Anandia is now the largest analytical dedicated cannabis testing laboratory in Canada. Headquartered in Vancouver’s burgeoning tech community, Anandia’s new state-of-the-art facility was custom designed for cannabis testing. Anandia currently provides 20 different cannabis tests. These include the full suite of testing services required by Health Canada, plus other value-add tests such as full cannabinoid, terpene, and flavonoid profiling; genetic-based testing; predictive profiling; and genetics archiving services. While operating independently, Anandia is a wholly owned subsidiary of Aurora Cannabis.
Who you are
Reporting to the Manager, Sample Logistics, the Laboratory Assistant will be responsible to:
- Receive, inspect, and log-in testing samples into Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) according to established procedures;
- Ensure that details in client requests are correct and entered in a timely and accurate manner;
- Provide information internally to ensure there is clarity about expected sample types and volumes;
- Sort and distribute samples from and back into inventory;
- Receive and manage laboratory and office inventory, including monitoring supplies and ordering;
- Maintain a clean, safe and orderly work environment;
- Handle and clean laboratory glassware and other equipment;
- Assist other lab personnel in sample preparation, such as labeling and weighing samples;
- Perform basic laboratory technician duties, such as balance and pipette verification; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & experience
- Completion of a tertiary education program or a high school degree with 5 years’ of work experience;
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to troubleshoot;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, team environment;
- Experience and aptitude for data entry skills;
- Personal computer skills, including strong typing ability and proficient use of Microsoft Office;
- Experience with LIMS or other data entry system is an asset;
- May be required to lift, move and carry up to 40 pounds;
- Basic laboratory skills and experience an asset;
- Multitasking capability; and
- Familiarity with working in an ISO/IEC 17025, GMP or other regulated environment is an asset.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Anandia is a wholly owned subsidiary of Aurora Cannabis Inc. Aurora and Anandia are Equal Opportunity Employers.
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.