Team-oriented, meticulous Laboratory Assistant, Microbiology to carry out key activities within our microbiology testing pipeline. This is an opportunity to join our award-winning team of cannabis science experts, and get a strong foundation in cannabis testing at one of Canada’s top analytical testing labs. Joining a strong team of microbiologists and analytical chemists, the successful candidate will demonstrate precise techniques and a collaborative nature. Quality assurance testing is a cornerstone of Canada’s regulated cannabis industry, and this role is critical for the provision of those services to Anandia’s clients.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated entry-level technician looking to work in a dynamic and high-performance team and industry. Join us as we move into a new, state-of-the art lab in the Great Northern Way tech hub (minutes from the VCC-Clark Skytrain station) and expand nationally and internationally.
On any given day, you’ll be doing one or all of these things
- Prepare samples for microbiological analysis using aseptic technique in a timely and efficient manner;
- Perform microbiological experiments under direction from other team members;
- Dispose outdated samples, maintaining order and compliance in sample storage;
- Strictly adhere to Anandia’s Quality Management System;
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment;
- Verify and document performance of laboratory equipment;
- Record data in accordance with laboratory policies and Quality Management System, including in laboratory notebooks and computer databases;
- Comply with safety and other regulatory standards;
- Maintain training records;
- Operate autoclave; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired skills and experience
- Completion, or in final years, of B.Sc. in Microbiology;
- Ability to carry out proper laboratory techniques;
- Energetic personality who can work independently in a multi-tasking fast-paced environment;
- Strong attention to detail is critical in order to minimize risk of downstream errors;
- Ability to understand and follow test methods;
- Willing to work flexible hours;
- Strong time management and organizational skills; and
- Enthusiasm about cannabis and the cannabis industry is an asset.
Who is Anandia?
Anandia was established to provide the science, technical innovations and services that underpin the global cannabis industry. Voted the Top Testing Lab at the 2017 Canadian Cannabis Awards, Anandia provides the full suite of testing services required by Health Canada for licensed production of cannabis, and also develops and offers a number of other tools that may be used by our clients for breeding and product development. Anandia is focused exclusively on cannabis, with the aim of bringing the best of modern science to the cannabis industry for the benefit of cultivators and consumers. A stronger scientific foundation enables us to maximize the full potential of the cannabis plant, developing new value-add products, while ensuring safety, quality and improved cultivation efficiencies.
Anandia’s strong emphasis on high-quality science is represented by our skilled and experienced team who are also passionate about cannabis and the potential the plant presents for humankind.
We value a culture of teamwork and collaboration within our own organization and with our clients.
Anandia is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Aurora Cannabis Inc. Aurora is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Apply now