Keen and detail-oriented Laboratory Assistant to conduct cannabis testing with our award-winning team of cannabis science experts. This position will support the performance of routine testing of raw and processed cannabis-derived products. The successful candidate will display a combination of energy and focus to perform a range of tasks in a tightly regulated lab setting. If you are looking to learn and apply your skills in a dynamic work environment, we want to meet you.
It’s a great entry-level opportunity to develop new skills for a motivated technician in a high-paced team and industry. Join us in our new, state-of-the-art lab in the Great Northern Way tech hub (minutes from the VCC-Clark Skytrain station) as we expand nationally and internationally.
On any given day, you’ll be doing one or all of these things
• Prepare samples and solutions for chemical analysis in a timely and efficient manner;
• Perform analytical chemistry experiments;
• Dispose of outdated samples in a compliant manner, maintaining order in sample storage;
• Strictly adhere to Anandia’s Quality Management System;
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment;
• Calibrate laboratory equipment performance & verify performance;
• According to best laboratory practices, record data in laboratory notebooks and electronically;
• Comply with safety and other regulatory standards;
• Maintain training records; and
• Other duties as assigned.
Desired skills and experience
• Completion or final years of B.Sc. in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or other relevant scientific discipline;
• Employs proper laboratory techniques to minimize risk of mislabeling, sample mix-up and cross contamination between samples and other materials;
• Understand and follow test methods;
• Energetic personality who can work independently in a multi-tasking fast-paced environment;
• Effective time management;
• Organizational skills; and
• Must pass a RCMP Criminal Records Check.
Anandia was established to provide the science, technical innovations and services that underpin the global cannabis industry. Voted the Top Testing Lab at the 2017 Canadian Cannabis Awards, Anandia provides the full suite of testing services required by Health Canada for licensed production of cannabis, and also develops and offers a number of other tools that may be used by our clients for breeding and product development. Anandia is focused exclusively on cannabis, with the aim of bringing the best of modern science to the cannabis industry for the benefit of cultivators and consumers. A stronger scientific foundation will enable us to maximize the full potential of the cannabis plant, developing new value-add products, while ensuring safety, quality and improved cultivation efficiencies.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Anandia is a wholly owned subsidiary of Aurora Cannabis Inc. Aurora is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply now