Anandia is seeking an experienced Laboratory Technology Specialist to join our award-winning team of cannabis science experts. As Anandia sits at the forefront of cannabis science, the individual will also be tasked with evaluating new technologies and laboratory equipment with an eye on increasing efficiency and capacity for the testing laboratories. Working alongside the Director of Laboratory Technology, Lab Operations and testing teams, QA, IT, among other departments, this position will be integral for maintaining our process excellence and sample turnaround times.
This is a great opportunity for a technically-minded facility manager, equipment specialist, repair or calibration/metrology technician who excels in a fast-paced collaborative environment looking to move their career forward. Join us as we move cannabis science forward, becoming the caretaker of our modern laboratory space conveniently-located in the Great Northern Way tech hub (minutes from the VCC-Clark Skytrain station).
On any given day, you’ll be doing one or all of these things
- Ownership of equipment maintenance and calibrations according to required timelines
- Establishing in-house validation protocols, scheduling and executing their completion
- Installation of equipment and technology upgrades
- Work with the Technology team to help complete future laboratory changes and expansions
- Interface cross-functionally within the company to help implement methodology efficiencies to drive increases in testing capacity
- Liaise with building management and subcontractors
- Write new and revise existing SOPs, as pertaining to new and updated equipment
- Utilize our Quality Management System to electronically manage validation and calibration documents, and equipment records
- Support and work collaboratively with other Anandia business units to meet business targets and client objectives
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Desired skills and experience
- 5+ years’ experience as an equipment technician and/or facilities in a scientific laboratory setting
- Experience with analytical instrumentation such as UPLC-UV, LC-MS/MS, GC-MSMS, ICP-MS, as well as knowledge of analytical software platforms such as Empower, Masslynx and Chemstation
- Knowledge of regulations and/or experience working in a regulated environment such as ISO/IEC 17025 and GLP/GMP
- Experience in the pharmaceutical or contract testing laboratory preferred
- Experience with electronic quality management systems
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, as well as ability to work in a team environment
- Proactive work habits and assertiveness
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently, while managing multiple projects simultaneously with flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing priorities under the demands of business conditions and deadlines
Who is Anandia?
Anandia was established to provide the science, technical innovations and services that underpin the global cannabis industry. Voted the Top Testing Lab at the 2017 Canadian Cannabis Awards, Anandia provides the full suite of testing services required by Health Canada for licensed production of cannabis, and also develops and offers a number of other tools that may be used by our clients for breeding and product development. Anandia is focused exclusively on cannabis, with the aim of bringing the best of modern science to the cannabis industry for the benefit of cultivators and consumers. A stronger scientific foundation enables us to maximize the full potential of the cannabis plant, developing new value-add products, while ensuring safety, quality and improved cultivation efficiencies.
Anandia’s strong emphasis on high-quality science is represented by our skilled and experienced team who are also passionate about cannabis and the potential the plant presents for humankind.
Anandia is a wholly owned subsidiary of Aurora Cannabis Inc.
Aurora is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Apply now