Focused and organized Manager, Research & Development to lead Anandia’s method development team. With a focus on analytical chemistry, this position will lead a team developing test methods for a wide range of new cannabis products. Efficiency and strong leadership are a must for this role. There will be lots of interaction with teams inside and out of Anandia to do this job effectively. If you’re passionate about the potential in cannabis and you can see yourself in this role, we want to meet you.
It’s a great opportunity for a motivated scientist with 5+ years’ experience looking to move their career forward in an exciting and ground-breaking industry. Join us as we move into a new, state-of-the art lab in the Great Northern Way tech hub (minutes from the VCC-Clark Skytrain station) and expand nationally and internationally.
On any given day, you’ll be doing one or all of these things
- Working with Anandia’s senior leadership team, shape and articulate the vision of Anandia’s short- and long-term R&D activities;
- Effectively lead and mentor the assay development R&D scientific team while promoting a high level of scientific rigor and experimental planning;
- Lead the development, validation and implementation of new analytical and bioanalytical testing methods for the analysis of cannabis metabolites and contaminants;
- Support Anandia’s Business Development team by providing expert technical input on client requests and new product testing;
- Work collaboratively with other Anandia business units to meet targets and client objectives according to project plans and timelines;
- Proactively integrate the Anandia Testing Division in the implementation of new methods to ensure smooth transition to routine testing;
- Produce standard operating procedures (SOPs) and standard test methods (STMs) and train Testing Division staff in accordance with Anandia’s Quality Management System and with the support of the Quality Assurance team;
- Promote Anandia’s culture of innovation, leadership, urgency, and client-centricity;
- Support engagement and professional development across the organization;
- Recruit top talent and support development of Anandia’s R&D staff;
- Perform analysis of cannabis samples by following established SOPs and STMs;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Desired skills and experience
- Minimum of MSc in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or other relevant scientific discipline and a minimum of 5 years of experience;
- Expertise utilizing HPLC-UV, LC-MS and LC-MS/MS, and GC-MS techniques;
- Knowledge and experience with Waters’ MassLynx, Agilent’s OpenLab and Shimadzu’s GCMS solution chromatography software is an asset;
- 5+ years project and people management experience.
- Experience with LIMS for sample tracking is an asset;
- Hands-on experience in analytical method development and validation for small molecules is an asset, particularly in the context of phytochemistry, natural products chemistry, or environmental toxicology;
- Knowledge of regulations and/or experience working in a regulated environment such as ISO/IEC 17025 and GLP is an asset.
Who is Anandia?
Anandia was established to provide the science, technical innovations and services that underpin the global cannabis industry. Voted the Top Testing Lab at the 2017 Canadian Cannabis Awards, Anandia provides the full suite of testing services required by Health Canada for licensed production of cannabis, and also develops and offers a number of other tools that may be used by our clients for breeding and product development. Anandia is focused exclusively on cannabis, with the aim of bringing the best of modern science to the cannabis industry for the benefit of cultivators and consumers. A stronger scientific foundation enables us to maximize the full potential of the cannabis plant, developing new value-add products, while ensuring safety, quality and improved cultivation efficiencies.
Anandia’s strong emphasis on high-quality science is represented by our skilled and experienced team who are also passionate about cannabis and the potential the plant presents for humankind.
We value a culture of teamwork and collaboration within our own organization and with our clients.Apply now