We are looking for a highly organized junior Project Manager who is a real people-person and a scientist at heart, to oversee the R&D project portfolio. Working with our Project Manager, this person can simultaneously organize and influence our cross-functional team, and thrive in our dynamic and fast-paced laboratory environment. Familiarity with Agile project management principles will be helpful here, as this department raises the bar for cannabis testing in Canada.
This is a great opportunity for to work in a highly collaborative team, in this rapidly growing industry. Join us as we move into a new, state-of-the art lab in the Great Northern Way tech hub (minutes from the VCC-Clark Skytrain station), and expand our organization nationally and globally.
On any given day, you’ll be doing one or all of these things:
- Coordinate dozens of R&D projects to ensure that objectives of the projects are accomplished on time, while meeting the overall goals of the project portfolio;
- Assess incoming client requests to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing projects, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of projects;
- Liaise with management to define project objectives and priorities;
- Establish work plan and multi-disciplinary staffing for each phase of project, and arrange for requirement or assignment of project personnel;
- Liaise with business development to gather information for project pipeline;
- Work with QA and Operations to ensure smooth transitions between all stages of the project plans;
- May manage sub-contractors and their workforce;
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required;
- Prepare project reports for management, client, or others;
- Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems;
- Identify any risks within the project plans and manage them appropriately;
- Gather metrics for project performance analysis;
- Identify and help plan to fill gaps in equipment and instrumentation necessary for R&D projects;
- Address problems and resolve conflicts in a timely manner and facilitate the process for the project team members;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- B.Sc. or M.Sc in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Microbiology, or other relevant scientific discipline.
- 2+ years project management experience;
- Project Management certification, PMP, Agile, CAPM all considered assets;
- Successful candidate must be able to use all forms of communication to successfully liaise with project teams, locally and outside of Vancouver;
- Ability to work in the “give and take” of a team environment;
- Experience with project management software program and/or collaboration tools (e.g. MS Project, Smartsheet, Jira, etc.) will be useful;
- Ability to work independently, on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Flexibility to work in dynamic and ambiguous environments. Ability to pivot in response to rapidly changing priorities under the demands of business conditions and deadlines.
Who is Anandia?
Anandia was established to provide the science, technical innovations and services that underpin the global cannabis industry. Voted the Top Testing Lab at the 2017 Canadian Cannabis Awards, Anandia provides the full suite of testing services required by Health Canada for licensed production of cannabis, and also develops and offers a number of other tools that may be used by our clients for breeding and product development. Anandia is focused exclusively on cannabis, with the aim of bringing the best of modern science to the cannabis industry for the benefit of cultivators and consumers. A stronger scientific foundation enables us to maximize the full potential of the cannabis plant, developing new value-add products, while ensuring safety, quality and improved cultivation efficiencies.
Anandia’s strong emphasis on high-quality science is represented by our skilled and experienced team who are also passionate about cannabis and the potential the plant presents for humankind.
We value a culture of teamwork and collaboration within our own organization and with our clients.Apply now