We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated Senior Analytical Chemist with excellent organizational skills. Quality assurance testing is a cornerstone of Canada’s regulated cannabis industry, and this role is critical for the provision of those services to Anandia’s clients. At Anandia – Toronto, the Senior Analytical Chemist will lead chemistry R&D in the development, validation and implementation of the new analytical testing methods on new cannabis-based products. In addition, the Sr. Analytical Chemist will be involved in routine sample testing. This position is involved in activities in the office and laboratory and will work closely with the Testing and Quality Assurance Teams to optimize methods for compliance.
On any given day, you’ll be doing one or all of these things
- Lead the development, validation and implementation of analytical and bio-analytical methods using LC-MS and GC-MS for the analysis of cannabis metabolites and contaminants;
- Work with the Quality Assurance Team to develop standard operating procedures (SOPs) and standard test methods (STMs) for new methods
- Lead the training the Testing Team staff on new analytical methods
- When required, work with the Testing Team and participate in performing analysis of cannabis samples;
- Process and analyze data;
- Perform quality control review of processed data and generate reports;
- Create Certificates of Analysis (COAs) for clients;
- Act as a technical expert supporting client inquires;
- Maintain the quality and availability of routine reagents and standards;
- Present and discuss data and results in team meetings;
- Document test procedures and summarize results in reports to Anandia scientists and clients;
- As required, coordinate required maintenance, calibration, and qualification of instruments; and
- Other related duties as assigned.
Desired skills and experience
- Minimum of BSc in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or other relevant scientific discipline and a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or a PhD and 5 years of relevant experience.
- Expertise utilizing HPLC-UV, LC-MS and LC-MS/MS, and GC-MS techniques is required;
- Knowledge and experience with Waters’ MassLynx, Agilent’s MassHunter and Shimadzu’s Lab solution chromatography software is an asset;
- Experience with LIMS for sample tracking is an asset;
- Hands-on experience in analytical method development and validation for small molecules is required, particularly in the context of phytochemistry, natural products chemistry, or environmental toxicology;
- Ability to manage and execute multiple projects concurrently is required;
- You must be a self-motivated, creative individual able to work in a team environment;
- Knowledge of regulations and/or experience working in a regulated environment such as ISO/IEC 17025 and GLP/GMP is an asset;
- Strong written and oral communications skills;
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel
Who is Anandia?
Anandia was established to provide the science, technical innovations and services that underpin the global cannabis industry. Voted the Top Testing Lab at the 2017 Canadian Cannabis Awards, Anandia provides the full suite of testing services required by Health Canada for licensed production of cannabis, and also develops and offers a number of other tools that may be used by our clients for breeding and product development. Anandia is focused exclusively on cannabis, with the aim of bringing the best of modern science to the cannabis industry for the benefit of cultivators and consumers. A stronger scientific foundation enables us to maximize the full potential of the cannabis plant, developing new value-add products, while ensuring safety, quality and improved cultivation efficiencies.
Anandia’s strong emphasis on high-quality science is represented by our skilled and experienced team who are also passionate about cannabis and the potential the plant presents for humankind.
We value a culture of teamwork and collaboration within our own organization and with our clients.
Anandia is a wholly owned subsidiary of Aurora Cannabis Inc. Aurora is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Apply now