Keen and detail-oriented Technician – Analytical Chemistry to conduct cannabis testing with our award-winning team of cannabis science experts. This position will support the performance of routine testing of raw and processed cannabis-derived products. The successful candidate will display a combination of energy and focus to perform a range of tasks in a tightly regulated lab setting. If you are looking to learn and apply your skills in a dynamic work environment, we want to meet you.
It’s a great entry level opportunity to develop new skills for a motivated chemist in a high-paced team and industry.
On any given day, you’ll be doing one or all of these things
- Prepare samples and solutions for chemical analysis in a timely and efficient manner;
- Calibrate laboratory equipment & verify performance;
- Receive samples and log into LIMS;
- Perform analytical chemistry experiments;
- Enter information into Anandia’s eQMS platform;
- Perform verification duties as part of the quality control program;
- Strictly adhere to Anandia’s Quality Management System;
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment;
- According to best laboratory practices, record data in laboratory notebooks and electronically;
- Comply with safety and other regulatory standards;
- Maintain training records; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired skills and experience
- B.Sc. in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or other relevant scientific discipline;
- Employs proper laboratory techniques to minimize risk of mislabeling, sample mix-up and cross contamination between samples and other materials;
- Understand and follow test methods;
- Energetic personality who can work independently in a multi-tasking fast-paced environment;
- Effective time management; and
- Organizational skills
Anandia is a wholly owned subsidiary of Aurora Cannabis Inc.
Aurora is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Apply now