If you are an organized and collaborative Technician, Plant Tissue Culture, join our award-winning team of cannabis science experts. Anandia offers third party genetics archiving services to support our clients with the preservation of high-value and unique cultivars. Plant tissue culture requires precision and attention to detail and we are looking for a technically oriented individual who enjoys a mix of routine work and method development.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated mid-level technician looking to move their career forward, getting experience necessary for being a lab manager. Join us as we move into a new, state-of-the art lab in the Great Northern Way tech hub (minutes from the VCC-Clark Skytrain station) and expand nationally and internationally in this dynamic and high performance industry.
On any given day, you’ll be doing one or all of these things
- Perform plant tissue culture procedures aseptically in a sterile work environment;
- Maintain and expand tissue culture collection using routine micropropagation techniques;
- Monitor overall plant health in culture collection;
- Troubleshoot when necessary to optimize culture growth and address problems immediately to reduce contamination;
- Prepare stock solutions and tissue culture media according to the media schedule;
- Organize and monitor supplies and inventory;
- Record all data in laboratory notebooks and computer databases;
- Perform cleaning and/or calibration of lab equipment (autoclave, pH meter, laminar flow hood, etc.);
- Empty and wash glassware, tissue culture jars and utensils;
- Contribute to overall lab organization and tidiness;
- Comply with safety and other regulatory standards;
- Assist in planning and execution of research projects; and
- Other duties as assigned.
Desired skills and experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Microbiology, Biotechnology, Biology, Cell Biology or other relevant scientific discipline;
- Minimum two years of laboratory experience;
- Strong aseptic techniques and practical experience working in sterile environments;
- Experience with media preparation;
- Knowledge of plant tissue culture, with focus on plant micropropagation techniques is an asset;
- Ability to perform daily repetitive tasks using hand manipulations;
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking and problem solving skills;
- Self-motivated, creative individual able to work in a team environment; and
- Good computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Who is Anandia?
Anandia was established to provide the science, technical innovations and services that underpin the global cannabis industry. Voted the Top Testing Lab at the 2017 Canadian Cannabis Awards, Anandia provides the full suite of testing services required by Health Canada for licensed production of cannabis, and also develops and offers a number of other tools that may be used by our clients for breeding and product development. Anandia is focused exclusively on cannabis, with the aim of bringing the best of modern science to the cannabis industry for the benefit of cultivators and consumers. A stronger scientific foundation enables us to maximize the full potential of the cannabis plant, developing new value-add products, while ensuring safety, quality and improved cultivation efficiencies.
Anandia’s strong emphasis on high-quality science is represented by our skilled and experienced team who are also passionate about cannabis and the potential the plant presents for humankind.
We value a culture of teamwork and collaboration within our own organization and with our clients.
Anandia is a wholly owned subsidiary of Aurora Cannabis Inc. Aurora is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.Apply now