Creative, methodical Analytical Chemist to conduct cannabis testing with our award-winning team of cannabis science experts. This position will focus predominantly on processing samples on LC, GC and ICPMS systems, but will also work with the Chemistry R&D Team in the development, validation and implementation of new analytical testing methods, as well as assist in the quality control analysis of data. If you’re a natural multitasker who is passionate about the potential in cannabis and in developing cannabis science, we want to meet you.
It’s a great opportunity for a motivated scientist with 3-5 years’ experience looking to move their career forward in an exciting and ground-breaking industry. Join us as we move into a new, state-of-the art lab in the Great Northern Way tech hub (minutes from the VCC-Clark Skytrain station) and expand nationally and internationally.
On any given day, you’ll be doing one or all of these things
- Manage the quality control review and approval of processed analytical chemistry data;
- Perform analysis of cannabis samples by following standard operating procedures (SOPs) and standard test methods (STMs)
- Perform analysis of samples on LC, GC and ICPMS systems, including setting up sample runs
- Process and quality control (QC) analysis of the data
- Use LIMS to track samples and report data
- Present and discuss data and results in team meetings
- Document test procedures and summarize results in reports to Anandia scientists and clients
- As required, coordinate required maintenance, calibration, and qualification of instruments;
- Contribute to general lab operations and organization
- Assist the Chemistry R&D Development Team in the development, validation and implementation of the new analytical and bioanalytical testing methods for the analysis of cannabis metabolites and contaminants
- Work with the Quality Assurance Team to keep SOPs and standard test methods STMs up to date
- Performance goals
Desired skills and experience
- Minimum of BSc in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, or other relevant scientific discipline and a minimum of 3 years of experience;
- Expertise utilizing HPLC-UV, LC-MS and LC-MS/MS, and GC-MS techniques;
- Knowledge and experience with Waters’ MassLynx, Agilent’s OpenLab and Shimadzu’s GCMS solution chromatography software is an asset;
- Experience with LIMS for sample tracking is an asset;
- Hands-on experience in analytical method development and validation for small molecules is an asset, particularly in the context of phytochemistry, natural products chemistry, or environmental toxicology;
- Knowledge of regulations and/or experience working in a regulated environment such as ISO/IEC 17025 and GLP is an asset;
- Strong written and oral communications skills;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel; and
- Must pass a RCMP Criminal Records Check.
Who is Anandia?
Anandia was established to provide the science, technical innovations and services that underpin the global cannabis industry. Voted the Top Testing Lab at the 2017 Canadian Cannabis Awards, Anandia provides the full suite of testing services required by Health Canada for licensed production of cannabis, and also develops and offers a number of other tools that may be used by our clients for breeding and product development. Anandia is focused exclusively on cannabis, with the aim of bringing the best of modern science to the cannabis industry for the benefit of cultivators and consumers. A stronger scientific foundation enables us to maximize the full potential of the cannabis plant, developing new value-add products, while ensuring safety, quality and improved cultivation efficiencies.
Anandia’s strong emphasis on high-quality science is represented by our skilled and experienced team who are also passionate about cannabis and the potential the plant presents for humankind.
We value a culture of teamwork and collaboration within our own organization and with our clients.Apply now